The Adserver-Placement-ID, formerly Mercury UUID (or universally unique id), is a uniquely assignable ID that is generated and stored in Mercury within a campaign plan table for one or more plan items.
It should also be populated within the delivery systems. The realised (delivery) data can only be retrieved for a campaign, if the Adservers are connected to Mercury and the Adserver-Placement-IDs have been generated and populated within both systems.
The Adserver-Placement-ID always starts with "mrc-" followed by eleven characters consisting of a letters and number combination, e.g. mrc-7Zt8uVw2Jo.
Note: Depending on the delivery system, the Adserver-Placement-ID can be inserted at campaign, placement, Line Item, etc. level. For simplicity reasons, we will only refer to the "placement" level below.
Applying the Adserver-Placement-IDs to plan lines in Mercury
The same Adserver-Placement-ID can be attributed to multiple plan items in Mercury as long as their running times do not overlap. This is critical because the figures from the delivery systems are linked to the corresponding Mercury Plan Items based on the Adserver-Placement-IDs and date during the import.
- A placement runs over several months.
- Each Month is set up as a separated Plan Item In Mercury.
- In the delivery system, e.g. AdServer, only one placement is created for the entire period.
> Several plan items in Mercury have the same Adserver-Placement-ID, but only placement is created in the delivery system.
Inserting the Adserver-Placement-IDs in the delivery systems
Depending on the system, the Adserver-Placement-ID can be added to different placements or on different levels. It can be added to one placement or to multiple.
- In Mercury, one plan item is created for an AdBundle consisting of the formats Medium Rectangle, Super Banner, Skyscraper.
- In the AdServer, however, one placement is created for each AdBundle format contained.
> One plan item in Mercury with an Adserver-Placement-ID, faces several placements in the delivery system, which have all received the same Adserver-Placement-ID.
Tips for working with the Adserver-Placement-ID
- An Adserver-Placement-ID must be assigned to each plan item.
This must be done actively by right-clicking on the plan item options and selecting the "Assign to new ad schedule" button. When a new plan item is created, no Adserver-Placement-ID has yet been issued for it automatically!
- Plan items that are to be assigned to the same placement in the delivery system must be assigned the same Adserver-Placement-ID.
- Plan items that have the same Adserver-Placement-ID must not have overlapping runtimes, otherwise no clear assignment of the imported data is possible. An error message will be displayed in Mercury.
- After the campaign creation in the Adserver, the Adserver-Placement-ID should not be changed in Mercury, otherwise the assignment of the reporting figures is no longer possible!
- Where do I enter the Adserver-Placement-ID in the delivering systems?
- How do I enter the AdServer placement ID on a plan item?
- How can I assign an AdServer placement ID to another plan item?
- How can I copy an AdServer placement ID with a plan item?