After you have selected an AdServer when opening the AdSchedule module for the first time, you can start creating an AdSchedule for all placements that have been assigned an AdServer placement ID in the planning.
Tip: Before you do this, it may be advisable to upload the assets to the Asset Library first. This way you have all the relevant information stored in Mercury. Optionally, you can also assign the assets to the AdSchedule afterwards.
- In AdScheduling, open the "Calendar" tab in the sidebar on the left,
- select one of the listed placements for which you want to create an AdSchedule,
- click on the "Create AdSchedule" button at the top left to start its creation.
- A pop-up will appear in which Mercury already lists all the recognised content. Go through them and add or correct as necessary:
If you have specified a name template in the "Ad Scheduling Configuration" section of the category settings, the name of the AdSchedule will now be displayed on this basis.
Otherwise, you must enter a new AdSchedule name.
Note: This name will later be used as the placement name in the AdServer and can only be changed until the AdSchedule is activated!
If Mercury does not recognise the AdSchedule type (display, video or audio), you must select it now. Otherwise, this field will not be displayed.
Here, you specify whether the AdSchedule should be sent to the marketer as a tag (e.g. redirect) or physically (e.g. assets and tracking links as an email).
Note: You can still change the type until the AdSchedule is activated.
This content is only displayed if you have selected "Display" for compatibility.
Next to the name of the advertising form, the width and height of the form are displayed. The dimensions are already filled in and cannot be changed if this information was entered when the ad form was created. Otherwise, the fields are empty and must be filled in next.
Note: The dimensions you enter here affect which assets you can later store as ads on this AdSchedule in the AdSlot configuration.
- Click on "Save" to create the AdSchedule.
- A new AdSchedule is created and automatically assigned an empty AdSlot.
- The next step is to configure the AdSlot, add more AdSlots or delete them. Click trackers and pixels can be added to the AdSchedule as required.
- Once the AdSchedule is fully and finally configured, you activate it by clicking on the green button with the arrow pointing upwards on the far right of the AdSchedule line in the Calendar tab.
This tells Mercury that this AdSchedule is ready to be uploaded to the AdServer. Accordingly, this AdSchedule is now listed in the AdServer status tab with the to-do "Create".
Attention: Once an AdSchedule has been activated, it can no longer be deactivated, only deleted. Due to the fact that it is possible that a sync with the AdServer has already taken place, the AdSchedule name and its type (tag or physical) can no longer be changed. AdSlots and click trackers, on the other hand, can still be updated, created or deleted. The changes made here are marked as new to-dos in the AdServer status tab.