To get access to one or more categories in Mercury, the user must be given access. This access is provided with corresponding roles and rights within the framework of role management. This ensures that each user only gets the access and functionality they need for their work.
Note: Only persons who have the right to add new users in a category/role can add new users.
This is how you assign a user to a specific category
- In Mercury, open or navigate to the category for which you want to give access to a new user.
- If you are already in the category for which you want to grant access, click on the setting icon "" in the upper right corner to edit the category.
If you have not yet opened the category, but it is already visible in the category tree, you can also access category editing from there by clicking on the setting icon "" next to the category name.
- In the "Edit category" Menü that opens, you will find the entry "Role management" on the left side in the menu bar - click on it.
- To the right of the menu bar, you will see all available roles to which users have already been assigned. Optionally, you can use the small button "Show empty roles" in the upper right corner to display all available roles.
- Select the role for which you want to add the new person and click the plus button right next to it.
Important! In order to add new users to a category and role, this user must already be added as a user in Mercury.
- A search bar with dropdown menu will open where you can select the user and add him/her to the role.
- If you want to add the user to other roles, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- With adding a user to a role, the user gets access to the category and all subcategories, which are located under this category, immediately and within the rights granted!
Tip - How to find roles and users faster
If many roles and users are already stored within the role management, you can quickly find the role/user you are looking for using the browser-integrated search, which is activated using the key combination "CTRL + F".