Once a package has been created, it can be offered to one or more categories or campaigns in Inventory Management and then transferred to a media plan:
- Open an existing campaign for which you have been proposed a package or create a new campaign and open it.
Notice: If you have created a new campaign, packages must first be proposed for it. Exception: You have already been proposed packages in the same category as your campaign. In this case you would have direct access to them.
- Now click on the "Offers" tab at the top.
Tip: Group them next by "Grouped by inventory package" for a better overview of the packages.
- Search for the package proposed to you from the offer overview, select all plan lines of the package and then click on the button "Create plan items".
Important! Only all plan items of a package can be taken over together into a plan. It is not possible to transfer individual plan items! If this is required, the packages must be adapted accordingly and offered again.
- It is also possible to take over several packages at the same time into a plan in this way.
- Afterwards the plan items of the package are transferred into the plan. There is a loading animation at the bottom right and a note as soon as the process is completed.
Note about package updates: If changes have been made to a package or its inventory items in Inventory Management after it has been offered, these changes are also immediately visible in the Offers tab of Media Planning. However, if the package is already in the planning stage, the changes will not be reflected! Instead, the package must be removed from the planning and transferred from the Offers tab to the planning again. This is a security measure that prevents planning from being changed without the planner's knowledge. The only exception: If permissions are subsequently granted, such as (not) allowing changes to the volume, FC, targeting, prices or discounts, this will directly affect the package in the planning.
Notes on package and campaign runtime: If the runtime of the package and that of the campaign do not overlap, packages are not displayed or cannot be transferred to the planning. The runtime of the inventory items in the package stored in Inventory Management is decisive for the possible runtime within a campaign. Regardless of the runtimes stored there, however, the package runtime within a plan can only ever be at most equal to the campaign runtime.
Note: Inventory management is an additional feature that must be made available in Mercury. If it is not available in your account, please contact us through our helpdesk.